Monday, March 21, 2016

Go with the Flow


We had planned to go to the wall today: a surprise trip to Bejing Rick and Tom planned but we had to push the plan back. There is a smog alert and our travel friends have bronchitis, so next week. For Collin and I, this is a go with the flow sort of vacation. 

Collin and Instarted the day with a visit to the gym. The treadmills and ellipticals had large screens. Collin had never run on one sonIngave him a wuick treadmill lesson. Of course the one I demonstrated on was all in Chinese, but he hopped on one that was in English. We had a courtyard garden view for our run: lovely.

Then it was off to Shanghai Railway Station to have glasses made. Three floors of frames and optical shops: so many choices. All of the Disney folks here see Summer, so we did too. I of course loved these:
Ha! 

I ordered bifocals (the black pair), distance glasses (white frame) and perscription sunglasses. 




How much would you pay for three pairs of perscription glasses plus a pair of plus Ray Bans (for Collin)? 

I bet you guessed high. I paid less than $150. I may visit Coin, Michael, at Science & Tech for readers too. Coin is  only a stop away from our apartment. Shanghai is full of friends' recommendations. 


After glasses, we navigated the metro to Century Park. Oh, the air: perfumed! Violets and cherry blossoms and pansies and tulips and poppies and bamboo and willow--newly leafed in spring green.



I wish I'd brought the art bag with me. The gatdens clamor for me to paint and sketch them. Tomorrow, I want to slow down and draw while we're out.


We wrapped the afternoon up with market stops and then returned home to meet the guys for burgers at Blue Frog. Monday it's two for one burger night. 
Here we are at the boys' favorite corner table: the fish bowl. 



The burgers rival Clermont's Crooked Spoon.

 I had "the Gourmet" which was topped with avocado, tomato, lettice, lime, cheese, basil-ish mayo and a roll of prosciutto. 

Collin had a Montana which sat tall topped with two onion rings, bacon and bbq and fully dressed with lettuce, tomato,and pickle.
Western food and wonders abound.

6 comments:

  1. What an adventurous day. Thanks for taking me with you! Safe travels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will wonders never cease? I am in Japan enjoying your trip to Shanghai. Hoping you will return with art from Century Park!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will wonders never cease? I am in Japan enjoying your trip to Shanghai. Hoping you will return with art from Century Park!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adventures even unplanned are still good for the spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bargains, beauty, great food and interesting sights - you are having a great time! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bargains, beauty, great food and interesting sights - you are having a great time! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving a comment.