Thursday, March 19, 2015

Collecting Yellows

The road home is lined with wild flowers. Yellow and sunshine skies. 


Kumquats are ready for picking. Mom found some walking in her neighborhood. When I was a kid one grew between my house and the Stevenson next door. I could dash o the tree during Jailbreak or hide and seek and grab a handful and crouch behind the brick wall that hid the hose big. Kumquats taste like hide and seek.


The road home from Mom's is dotted with trumpet trees. Showers of yellow blossoms--decadent signs of spring. Summer's just a moment away.










11 comments:

  1. Lovely yellows! I have some daffodils in my yard to add to your collection. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite line is, "Kumquats taste like hide-n-seek." Such elegant reflections on the changing seasons and memories from your youth. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was like a Coldplay moment- 'And it was all yellow.' Loved the connections around the colour in your day. The images added a deeper dimension, an intensity. Your piece sparkled...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was like a Coldplay moment- 'And it was all yellow.' Loved the connections around the colour in your day. The images added a deeper dimension, an intensity. Your piece sparkled...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely color for the last day of winter - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely color for the last day of winter - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing these sunshiny images! The sun was out in CT today, but yellow blooms are a long way off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have green, at last, but no blooms that I've seen, yet. I hope they're somewhere. I haven't been too many places lately, so perhaps some bulbs are up? Summer soon?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love this post!! Yellow is my favorite color!!!!! I'll have to write a post like this. (I'll have to wait for the snow that's falling right now to melt!)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving a comment.