Saturday, April 21, 2012

Mom's Blueberry Muffins

Pappy's patch in Oviedo has blueberries in addition to the strawberries this year, so we took advantage of the late season (for Florida) picking this morning and brought home nearly two pounds. That's two pounds in addition to the pint Mom shared with me from her pick last week. We hit the berry lotto this week!

With so many berries I thought I'd make muffins and maybe a cobbler (if we don't eat them all by the handful first!). You know a recipe is good when you've written out measurements for a double or triple batch next to the original. Such is Mom's recipe for blueberry muffins.

Blueberry Muffins

1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup salad oil (I use Canola)
1 1/2 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup blueberries

Pre-heat oven to 400. Whisk together milk, egg and oil. Combine dry ingredients. Mix together to create thick batter. Fold in blueberries. Line muffin pan with muffin cups. Spoon 1-2 heaping tablespoons into muffin cups. Bake for 20-25 minutes.




2 comments:

  1. its cute that you think people like me know what to do with that list of ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I've made them so many times. I didn't even realize I'd skipped the step-by-step. So automatic I forgot--now to get our students reading and writing that way!

      Delete

Hi! Thanks for leaving a comment.