Friday, March 30, 2012

Drawsome

"Tell me a story. Draw me a picture. Want to play?" How long do children demand or ask us to play with them, to turn our love and attention their way? 

Not long, I'm sure. My son is 10. I figure I have about 5 years before my cool factor turns icy in my son's eyes. I've got to maximize our play time.

My brother and sister-in-law play Draw Something, an iPad, iPhone, all around smart phone app, that allows you to draw pictures for friends to guess. My niece who's four, loves it. She loves checking for new drawings to guess or watching a friend solve a drawing she and her Mom sent. Part Pictionary, part Jumble, you play by connecting with other players via Facebook or email. 

It's no wonder the game shot to the top of the apps charts. After your friend guesses the picture you drew you get to watch a quick video of the drawing creating itself and see at what point your friend got it. You can skip that part, but it's fun to see. It's even more fun to draw.

Speaking of which, it's my turn. 

Happy Friday! 




7 comments:

  1. posting right on your heels today...thinking that would be a cool app to play

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am downloading right now. I cannot draw a lick and know that I will bring new meaning to the phrase a pictue paints a thousand words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That app sounds really fun. Great perspective on maximizing the precious time with little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool. I am going to have to search for this app. It looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a lot of fun. You sound like a pretty cool mom to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been hearing musings about this app from several friends on Facebook. I think it's about time I check it out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving a comment.