Saturday, March 24, 2012

Auntie

"Auntie, Auntie! Can I play with your crayon paints? Auntie, Auntie let's play dress up! I'm going to get your wings, I'll be right back!"

Oh if I could only describe my niece,Charlotte's voice. Part little girl, part Glenda the good witch, all curiosity and glee.

"Auntie, Auntie here come the special birthday hats! We can wear them to dinner!" little does she remember I made these birthday fezzes for her first birthday several years ago. Oh what fun to have Charlotte hand me a feathered, bedazzled fezz and say,"here you go, you're the special party girl, Auntie!"

Off to make art and play butterflies! In the end we had a Fancy Nancy sort of birthday dinner with good wine and sugared steaks on a patio with a fireplace. We wore the hats too . Pink stone all the way today.

4 comments:

  1. Special party girl! Love it. I have boys, so let's just say I've never had a Fancy Nancy moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had an opportunity to enjoy a Fancy Nancy moment! May she never outgrown them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much fun is that! Wings and feathers and birthday cake make for a very special birthday indeed! Happy birthday to you. Wish I was there, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday Lee Ann! I love that you share your special day with my Lili. :) Her idea of a great party was a buffet restaurant and then hanging out at Barnes & Noble! Though when she was in k-2 (she had same teacher 3 years) she and her teacher were Fancy Nancy fanatics together. :-D

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving a comment.