Wednesday, November 16, 2011

More Lessons from Lilly

"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace."  -Milan Kundero

Yesterday we put Lilly to sleep. Hip displaysia, organs failing, she was hurting. It was time. This past summer when Lilly first got sick I wrote out some lessons she'd taught me. You can read that post, Lessons from Lilly here.  She's a dog. I know. She's not my child or my mother or my husband or my brother--but in many ways she was a best friend. Even in death she was teaching me how to love.

1 comment:

  1. You write so well Lee Ann.....You moved me to tears with a bit of a smile on my face....so true Lilly taught us all. Love, m

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving a comment.