Saturday, January 2, 2010

My 365 Project: A Year of Art Stories



I've been thinking for quite a while about doing a 365 photo project. I loved seeing Diane Cordell's daily photos come across Plurk last year. Her photos took me to the 365 project pictures on flickr for inspiration. So why not? After reading several tips & hints from Langwitches', Silvia Tolisano, I decided to jump in.

I joined 2 flickr groups for the project: Ed-tech365/1020 (education/technology folks) and the Shutter Sister's 365 (artists, photographers, mothers, women). Unlike the ed-tech folks, I won't be shooting with an iPhone. I will stick to whichever camera I have with me, likely a Cannon Elph or Nikon SLR.

I thought I'd try and focus my 365 project on my art. I'm not sure that I'll stay focused there, but we'll see. I thought I would take the opportunity to not only capture images related to my art, but also to tell a few of my own art stories. I don't think I'll blog the photos, but I may. Yesterday it was just easier to post my picture of the day to flickr and jot my story in flickr's description box. I will likely continue thus, especially as time will be a luxury once vacation is over. So if you want to see the pictures with the stories, you'll have to visit them on flickr.

I love taking pictures. My thinking changes when I when I see things through a lens. Diane Arbus once said that "Taking pictures is like tiptoeing into the kitchen late at night and stealing Oreo cookies." All art is that to me--a delightful sneak into something sweet. My 365 project will give me one sweet, sneaky moment away from work each day. It will be my treat. I'm so looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for leaving a comment.