Friday, July 24, 2009

Frou Frou Code


Can you read this?

#outer-wrapper {
width: 940px;
margin:0 auto; padding:10px;
text-align:$startSide;
font: $bodyfont;
}
There are a few things I understand there like width and pixel, font and outer, but I'm not sure about the padding. Code does not make total sense to me. Searching and researching does though. Lucky me!

I've been wanting to go to a 3 column format for some time, but haven't had any luck changing the html code of my Blogger template. This morning I'd thought I'd tackle it again in between posting to the English Companion Ning and reading blogs. You've got to love a good piece of technical writing. The elegant step-by-step of easy to follow directions. I found just such a source at the Three column Blogger. So between changing the layout and choosing a frou frou background template, I updated the blog. I'm not sure I like the frouf... the ribbons may be a little much, but I thought I'd try it on for a while. What do you think?

PS: Another cool thing I happened upon this morning? A site that prints your blog into book form. A little expensive, but you know the lure of print... : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for leaving a comment.