Saturday, March 14, 2009

Wild Things


Collin and I were playing in the office tonight--he writing comics and me painting. Then we decided to try out BuiLD YouR WiLD SeLF. Here's Collin's avatar creation.

Collin's been talking a lot lately about opening up a book stand on our drive way. He thinks he should write and sell his own books instead of lemonade or brownies. I, of course, dance inside whenever I hear this. Then yesterday driving home from somewhere he said, "but you know, Mom, I have so many ideas. Sometimes I start one idea, but then I get another one and I don't finish the first one." Don't I know it!

This week's art lesson from Paulette Insall takes us through painting a layered background similar to how she paints this one:


I'm not sure about the colors of this background. Scanned here it seems as if I don't have quite enough contrast. I wanted a cloud-ish, dreamy feel, but I'm not sure that I'm there yet.

1 comment:

  1. "but you know, Mom, I have so many ideas. Sometimes I start one idea, but then I get another one and I don't finish the first one."

    This is the most beautiful quote I've ever heard!!! I died laughing! Out of the mouths of babes...

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving a comment.