Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Circuitous Morning


This morning I came across this video that twitter friend, Alec Couros posted, Fifty, People, One Question: Where would you like to wake up in the morning? Reminding me of the Your 3 Words piece, this video captures peoples' dreams and something of their essence in the way it was shot--the videographer must have a great lens.

Fifty People, One Question: Brooklyn from Crush & Lovely on Vimeo.

The video led me courosa's twitter page which led me to headmutha's which led me to Mothers Fighting for Others (MFFO). I love early morning discoveries like this one. From an innocuous video I take a circuitous route and find an organization of Mom's working to change the world--made my day and made think about how I'm using my time. Collin and I will be heading out to buy underwear this morning to send off to the MFFO's Underwear for Africa project. All we have to do is send unopened underwear to:

MFFO Underwear For Africa
27943 Seco Canyon RD #533
Santa Clarita, CA 91350

I'm ever mindful of getting Collin involved in service. He is too young to volunteer with me at Give Kids the World, but I think he's getting to be old enough to understand the needs of the world. Underwear is certainly something he understands. I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for leaving a comment.