Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Berry Picking




Went berry picking today at Pappy's with Mom and Collin and I got to thinking about how people are a lot like strawberries--more on that later though. Posted a few pictures to flickr if you want to see more of the beautious berries!

Now, I'm wondering if I have the guts to tackle making jam. Do you? Make jam that is? Someone once told me that "freezer jam" is easy to make. I have no idea what freezer jam is, but I went ahead and bought a package of Sure Jell and some mason jars today thinking it might be a fun cooking adventure. Of course, it's all fun and games until someone gets botulism and throws up, right? Just kidding, I'll boil the jars!

In fact that might be a fun project to do while Collin and I wait for friends to arrive. My girlfriend Kristin and her kids are driving down from Tallahassee. We're going to have a good old-fashioned game night with the kids (complete with basket of prizes from the dollar bins at Michael's)! Then fire up the fire pit, sit outside under the stars and make smores as we ring in the New Year! I have spent more time with old friends and family this school vacation than I have in a long time and I have to say it sure feels good. What about you? How are you ringing in the New Year?

1 comment:

  1. Chuck and I went out and bought all the junk food we're planning to give up for the new year and some wine and sat home at my parents' place pigging out while watching a "Twilight Zone" marathon. Meanwhile, my 76-80-yr-old parents went to a party. My, how times have changed!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving a comment.