Thursday, November 13, 2008

Give Kids the World


004
Originally uploaded by spillarke
Great "Christmas" Thursday volunteering at Give Kids the World with students. Give Kids the World is a place where "kids rule!" Founded by Henri Landwirth, Holocaust survivor, Give Kids the World is a vacation resort for children battling life threatening conditions. Families, through the Make a Wish and other foundations that serve children with life threatening illnesses, stay at the Village for a week. The week is filled with theme parks and happy memory making. Thursday evening is Christmas in the Village. It is my favorite day/evening to serve. Though I usually do face painting, yesterday I marched in the Christmas parade with my students. Twenty five angels strong, it was quite a Wonderland parade! Simply fantastic.

Now here's my plug... if you are looking for a place to give this holiday season, I would encourage you to look into Give Kids the World. The Village runs on volunteers, filling over 1,000 shifts a week. They can use your time, your talent and yes, even your treasure. To donate directly visit their website.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for leaving a comment.