Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day


Collin and I have been reading about presidents this week. Grace for President and So You Want to Be President? are our favorites. These lines from latter moved me tonight:

"Every President was different form every other and yet no woman has been President. No person of color has been President. No person who wasn't a Protest or a Roman Catholic has been President. But if you care enough, anything is possible."
If you care enough, anything is possible.

This morning we got up early and went to the neighborhood polling place. I thought that if we got in line early, we'd be set. We arrived around 6:10 a.m. and were maybe 125 people from the front. I'm glad we went early because by 6:30 there were probably 300 people behind us in line. It took us about 90 minutes. We voted! I penciled in my hope, my contribution to history. My prayers are with the candidates and all of those that care enough to participate in our democracy.
Democracy is not something you believe in or a place to hang your hat, but it's something you do. You participate.
Abbie Hoffman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for leaving a comment.