Sunday, August 24, 2008

Blue Skies





We took the Gnu out today for a ride in a local pond. Just up the street from our house is the Hal Scott Preserve. The boat ramp, actually just a dirt easement, was filled with water and the lake was high, but the new motor? Sweet. Sure beats paddling. Collin was a little on edge about alligators. See the little one in the picture above? His tail looks sort of like an abandoned tire (back right) ? One eye is just above the surface (bottom left). Collin loved finding the big snail and seeing minnows and fish. The clouds reflecting off of the lake caught my eye as did the many starlings swooping and skimming the surface -- eating bugs no doubt.

3 comments:

  1. Are you sure that's a little alligator?! My parents have a place on South Carolina's coast between Beaufort and Charleston. I look at those gators with suspicion myself when we're out there in the marshes fishing. I love the cloud pictures. Somehow, I never have my camera when the clouds are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool shot of the gator. And I'm boggled by how "grown up" Collin looks. It sounds like it was a lovely day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a gator all right, Olivia, albeit a small one! I was missing my camera too at our first football game this week. We were waiting for kick off when Collin pointed across the field and said "Look at that cloud!" ... how tickled was I? I snapped a picture with my cell phone but I don't know how to get that picture on to the computer.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving a comment.