Wednesday, July 23, 2008

1972


I glanced at my site statistics this morning and noticed the counter at 1972. I'm not going to comment on what the visit numbers actually mean. That's probably a low number in terms of visits, but really, does it matter? Probably not. In the grand scheme of things definitely not. But still... I wish I got a few more comments or a bit more traffic. Realistically though this blog is not about comments or traffic. I write for myself because I actually enjoy writing. I write for my family and friends because it's one way we keep in touch. I'm not up there in terms of numbers thus the 1972. To me 1972 is a year.

It is the year I turned six, a golden year of neighborhoods (Darcey Drive) and best friends (Kathleen Sullivan) . It is the year I discovered the joy of learning. It is the year I had Mrs. Madigan for first grade and the first time I literally swooned over a teacher--she was indeed a Cinderella figure. During parent night she told me to show my Mom and Dad how I "worked" with readers during the school day. Don't I have the same hair cut? Lucky for me those collars went out of fashion though. I sure loved Mrs. Madigan and I'm sure even as I write this that she is one reason I fell quickly into love with school.

2 comments:

  1. We don't always write to be read...but it's nice when it happens. :) I don't always comment, but I do love reading your page!
    Good luck as you start your journey at the new high school. I'm so jealous that you're all working together. Miss you!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here - I hardly ever comment, but I love reading! I always check out your latest website discoveries too.

    Where are you teaching now?

    ~Cindy
    http://calibabble.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving a comment.