Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Thankful for To Dos


It's that time of year again: the end of the school year. Teachers know what I'm talking about and perhaps parents get a sense of "end-of-the-year" mania too, but boy, nothing compares to the mad rush of the end of the year. The past few weeks have been intense. It's like I'm either competing in the public school triathlon of student achievement or mid-challenge on the island on Survivor. Do you ever get overwhelmed by your to-do list?

I do and then I take a moment (or I try to) and I thank God that I have things to do and the means to do them. I'm thankful for both of my legs and my not-so-strong arms. I'm thankful that I have clothes to wash and a place to put them after they've been dried and folded. I'm thankful that I have good, meaningful work to do with teenagers and teachers everyday. If I end my list with gratitude, the to-dos suddenly don't seem so bad.

* PS: I've been working on some library card art -- thank you notes. I wasn't going to post pictures until I sent them but, here's one. I used transparency over the library card, then some sticky vellum underneath and neat script tape at the top. Definitely fun art making!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for leaving a comment.