Sunday, March 30, 2008

Comfort Food


When we arrived at my brother's this weekend, it was snowing. Wintery weather calls for comfort food. I really wanted to cook for a day and stock my sister-in-law's freezer with heat & eat meals, but I got away with cooking for an evening. I made one of my comfort favorites: chicken with a cheese cloud. It's like a pot pie-ish filling with a biscuit topping. Love it! We ate it up and ate the leftovers for lunch the next day. I think everyone liked it or at least I hope they did because I made a double recipe and froze one of the casseroles.

Couldn't resist playing with Image Blender to make a recipe card--my color theming doesn't quite match the dish, but I was just playing.

1 comment:

  1. I'm home this week stocking MY freezer! I think I'll make this... sounds really yummy. Of course, I've never had anything that you or your Mom made that wasn't. :) -Kris

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving a comment.