Friday, February 22, 2008

Titles, titles

I'm title-challenged. Titles actually stop me in my tracks. For instance, I'd like to start a podcast show--you know record musings perhaps weekly that I can broadcast on blog or upload to iTunes. Not that I would have much of an audience, but I'd like to think through my ideas and you never know... sharing ideas always engenders more. I'd like to start a podcast show, but I can't think of a title. I've been playing around with the idea for months and I'm still stuck. Here's a short list of titles that have caught my fancy:

Literally Speaking
Technically Speaking
Literally Yours
Technically Yours
Teacher Talk
Room 222
Literacy Matters
Inside Teaching

The list goes on. I just searched several of the titles in Google and they are all being used by someone... for instance, I got 17,000 hits from "literacy matters" and over 99,000 for "literally speaking." Of course, Room 222 used to be a television show in its own right-- I like the idea but that title doesn't really speak to me either.

In my frustration, I decided to search the web for a title generator. Amazingly there are over 2 million title generators online. Who knew?

For fun I plugged some words into Fiction Alley's title generator: bright, thinking, books, on, busy, mind, ideas, a literacy, speaking. These words rendered these random titles:


Title One: bright books on busy ideas
Title Two: a busy literacy
Title Three: a mind on bright books
Title Four: bright literacy
Title Five: a speaking mind
Title Six: thinking ideas
Title Seven: speaking books
Title Eight: busy thinking
Title Nine: thinking for ideas
Title Ten: speaking and thinking

I kind of like Literacy Bright (like a play on that old Lite Bright toy) or Literally Bright, hmm... that's interesting, but too much like the Smart Girl label I got tagged with at school. !Ay Caramba! These titles. Do you have any ideas?

Bye for now!

las

PS: I also found a job title generator --quite amusing. I might have to start using one of the new titles it gave me:

Lee Ann Spillane, Analog Education Tutor

Lee Ann Spillane, Real-time Phenomenon Advocate

Lee Ann Spillane, Psychoactive Research Diety

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Psychoactive Research Deity. :)
    I'm equally bad at titles, though I liked some of the ones you came up with.
    It is kind of like being back at the writing project. Thanks for introducing me to the idea!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for leaving a comment.