Friday, December 21, 2007

Little Reader Me


I'm a reader. I always have been. I've loved to snuggle up with a book for as long as I can remember as evidenced by this old photo my dad sent me recently. I think I'm six in the picture. Dad has a friend who is scanning his old slides into the computer. Every few days I get a random image from my childhood--most have me making some sort of funny face. I'm so glad this technology wasn't around before I got married! Dad keeps threatening to bribe me--teasing that he will reveal the pictures to my students. Perhaps he could augment his fixed income with a small collection each week? He could try, but I love the old photos--even the funny ones. Maybe I should pay him to send them to me.
I wish that the first thing I noticed when I saw this picture was me reading the book. I loved that book, a Richard Scary book of nursery rhymes. No, I didn't notice the book at first. I noticed my hair. Yes, sans bangs, I have essentially the same hair cut that I had when I was six. Some things never change, do they?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for leaving a comment.